Shenandoah Joe Coffee Roasters is currently hiring for our new store in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Store opening will be in March.
As the first point of contact, it is essential that you provide exceptional customer service. What does this mean? You are expected to have great product knowledge, exhibit confidence and professionalism in your customer interactions, and display grace when dealing with unknowledgeable customers. While keeping interactions brief, you are able to engage and develop relationships with customers. You will be trained to brew coffee and make non-espresso based drinks, help baristas with set-ups, restocking, cashiering, and cleaning. No experience is required, but you have a passion for coffee and are willing to make a minimum 6 month commitment. Career Path Next Step > Barista.
As a Barista, you will be expected to have excellent product knowledge, a thorough understanding of espresso extraction and drink building techniques, and an ability to work with confidence and professionalism while exhibiting superior customer service skills. You have the ability to engage with customers while not losing focus on your drink preparation. You take pride in delivering a quality experience to every customer. Previous experience preferred from a quality-focused specialty coffee shop, but you must be open minded to learn new skills and form new habits. You must be dependable, assist with training staff, attend skill building classes to continuously enhance your own skill set, and assist with other routine store functions.
All applicants should have the following credentials:
- 2 years restaurant/cafe management experience
- excellent customer service skills
- ability to build and maintain a positive team
- passion for coffee
- ability to train staff in coffee knowledge, production, and sales
Job Requirements will include:
- providing excellent customer service in a fast paced espresso bar
- maintaining team morale
- training staff and encouraging improvement in skill sets
- ordering supplies, equipment, and products
- participating in and leading coffee cuppings for staff
- conducting formal staff reviews
- a relentless drive to improve staff, sales, and customer experience
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org